Because We Kindle Imagination…
Interactive Math Academy is pioneering learning programs that leverage a unique combination of human interaction and visualization to offer personalized learning programs. We emphasize on child’s thinking process in arriving a solution instead of looking at the final answer. This is what make us stand out from other after-school “learning centers”.
We believe that engaging the students including asking intriguing questions stimulates child’s thinking and reasoning ability. We attempt to develop a habit of understanding “why” behind concepts, making them life-long learners and problem solvers. We demonstrate various methods and techniques to understand and solve the problem while visualizing the problem.
Our curriculum is based on Singapore Math curriculum. It aligns very well with our teaching philosophy, especially visualization and connecting Math with real-world examples. Visual learners retain more and longer. We selected the books which are uncluttered, aesthetically pleasing and have a logical ordering of topics. Per results from OECD and TIMSS, Singapore Math’s proven CPA approach has earned it top rank in the world. Many schools around the country are adopting Singapore Math Curriculum in pursuit of better quality education.
How it works?
1. Singapore Math Placement Assessment
Placement Assessment is designed to identify your child’s proficiency level and gaps in concept understanding.
2. Discuss Personalized Lesson Plan
An advisor will review the results and discuss your child’s personalized lesson plan with you and answer questions.
3. Meet Your Math Tutor and Start Learning
We’ll place your child with our math tutor that will be best suited for your child needs.
Connected Learning Cycle
1. Singapore Math curriculum is a super set of Common Core – state and country standards.
2. Our math homework is tailored to your child’s needs including homework help and test prep.
3. Your math tutor writes specific feedback daily to ensure learning focus at right areas.
4. Through one or more weekly sessions with your child, you math tutor explains concepts visually.
5. In addition to regular assessments, your child teacher periodically connects with you regarding your child’s progress.
6. Recurring tests and assessments increase your child confidence and re-enforce conceptual knowledge.
Are you ready to Enroll your child for a FREE trial today?
Curriculum Grade K to 8
- Topics include Numbers, Addition, Subtraction, Shapes, Length, Weight, Capacity in the beginning. Later on, it builds upon these concepts to teach number comparison, Graphs, addition and subtraction of bigger numbers, Division and multiplication and finish off with Time and money concepts.
- The program aims to equip students with sound concept development, critical thinking and efficient problem-solving skills.
- Topics include Numbers to 1,000, Addition and Subtraction, Measuring Length & Weight, Multiplication and Division, Mental Addition & Subtraction, Division by 5, 10, Division with Remainder, Money Addition & Subtraction, Fractions, Time Intervals, Comparing capacity, Tables and Graphs, Geometry concepts.
- Topics include Numbers to 10,000, Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication and Division, Multiplication Tables of 6, 7, 8 and 9, Data Analysis, Length, Weight, Capacity, Money, Fractions, and Time, Geometry, Area, Perimeter and Volume
- Topics include Whole Numbers including Millions, Factors, Multiples, Order of Operations, Negative Numbers, The Four Operations of Whole Numbers, Fractions, Angles, Lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Solid Figures, Nets, Area and Perimeter, Decimals, The Four Operations of Decimals, Congruent and Symmetric, Figures, Coordinate Graphs and Changes in Quantities, Data Analysis and Probability, Measures and Volume
- Topics include Whole Numbers up to Billions, More Calculations with Whole Numbers, Fractions, Multiply and Divide Fractions, Perimeter, Area and Surface Area, Ratio, Decimals, Measures and Volume, Percentage, Angles, Average and Rate, Data Analysis, Algebra
- Topics include Whole Numbers, Factors, Multiplication and Divisions of Fractions, Multiplication and Divisions of Decimals, Negative Numbers and their comparison, Ratios, Rate, Percent, Algebraic Expressions, Equations and Inequalities, Graphing Inequalities Using a Number Coordinates and Graphs, Area of Plane Figures, Volume and Surface Area of Solids, Displaying and Comparing Data
- Topics include Factors and Multiples, Real Numbers, Absolute Value, Multiplication and Division, Rounding, Introduction to Algebra, Algebraic Manipulation, Factorization, Simple Equations in One Variable, Ratio, Rate, and Speed, Percentage, Angles, Triangles, and Quadrilaterals, Number Patterns, Coordinates and Linear Graphs, Inequalities, Perimeters and Areas of Plane Figures, Volumes and Surface Areas of Solids, Proportions, Data Handling, Probability of Simple Events, Probability of Combined Events
- Topics include Exponents and Scientific Notation, Linear Equations in Two Variables, Expansion and Factorization of Algebraic Expressions, Quadratic Factorization and Equations, Simple Algebraic Fractions, Congruence and Reflections, Parallel Lines and Angles in Triangles and Polygons, Graphs of Linear and Quadratic Functions, Graphs in Practical Situations, Tables, Charts and Graphs, Pythagorean Theorem, Coordinate Geometry, Mensuration of Pyramids, Cylinders, Cones and Spheres, Data Analysis, More About Quadratic Equations