Singapore Accelerated Math – Grade 2 & 3
This is an intensive program for grade 2 & 3 students combined into one. It will cover grade 3 curriculum of Singapore Math.
Total duration of the course is 16 weeks (4 months) but it is divided into two parts of 8 week (2 months) each. The first part is being conducted at Medina Academy.
Part 1: Mar 1 – April 20
Thursdays: 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
– Assessment test; given to students one week (2/26) before the start of the class
– 1 hour long interactive lectures with full student engagement
– 2 hour master-summary class (at IMA campus on the Saturday after the last class of part 1).
– Final Test – Take home
– Each week students will be given homework.
To register, please contact After School Programs at Medina Academy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
LEGO Robotics EV3
Welcome to Robotics EV3 programming class at Medina Academy. The goal of this course is to prepare participating students for First Lego League competition. This is a world wide competition organized by the FIRST. See detailed Program Schedule.
This is a tremendous learning opportunity for our kids to go out and compete with rest of the world. In addition to learning Robotics and programming, program stimulates problem solving, critical thinking and creativity. Kids learn to work in a team environment, research about a topic, present their findings and win awards!
Last year, I coached my daughter, Musfira and her friends (4th-6th graders). Team was able to reach WA State Semi Finals and won an Award among thousands of participants. I was blown away with the level of confidence, exposure and learning this team had during the last season.
There are three components of this hands-on course.
- Robot Missions – Focuses on Robot design and Programming
- Project Presentation – Focuses on Presentation skills
- Teamwork – Focuses on teamwork and soft skills
- We will use FLL’s last season challenge called Hydro Dynamics for Robot missions.
- Students will work in a team setting for missions and presentation.
- Each team will present their work at the end of the session.
- Awards and certificates will be presented to top teams.
Venue and Timings:
- Medina Academy (164th Ave & North up Way)
- Tuesdays: 3:30pm – 4:30pm – Starting 2/27
- Part 1: 2/27 – 4/19
- Part 2: 4/26 – 6/7
- Please contact Medina Academy after school programs (email@example.com)